(MAY 4, 2018 UPDATE: Congratulations to Scott Wilkening-Joly whose guess of 87 was closest to Brent’s actual exit velocity. Curious what that was? Visit our Facebook group and search for the post to find out!)
We’re pretty excited about our new Rapsodo hit tracker. It’s proving to be an incredible instructional tool, but is also a whole lot of fun! With that in mind, we thought we’d bring you in on the fun as well with a little contest.
Simply post your best guess as to Brent’s exit velocity as a comment on this video posted in our Facebook Group and on Friday, May 4th we’ll announce the winner on Facebook who will receive a FREE lesson with Brent.
Not a member of the BASE by Pros Facebook Group yet?
Join today so you can comment and enter!
No idea where to start? According to Statcast on MLB.com, last year the Mariners’ Nelson Cruz ranked 8th in the league with a 95.5 average, with Robinson Cano close behind at 94.7 and Mitch Haniger at 93.1. (http://m.mlb.com/statcast/leaderboard#avg-hit-velo)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who comment through the BASE by Pros Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/basebypros/ and who are 13 as of the date of entry, per Facebook’s age restriction. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of BASE by Pros, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of BASE by Pros as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting April 27, 2018 PST and ending on May 4, 2018 PST. All online entries must be received by May 4, 2018 PST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.facebook.com/groups/basebypros/. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of BASE by Pros. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of BASE by Pros.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive Lesson with Brent Lillibridge at the BASE by Pros Training Academy. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by BASE by Pros. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at BASE by Pros discretion. The prize is transferable to immediate family members. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for BASE by Pros to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Judging Panel under the supervision of BASE by Pros. Winner will be notified by Facebook Post to BASE by Pros Business Page within five (5) days following selection of Winner. BASE by Pros shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to take notice of notification post. If Winner is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 Days from the time award notification was posted, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT BASE by Pros‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that BASE by Pros, anyone acting on behalf of BASE by Pros, and BASE by Pros’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of BASE by Pros. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless BASE by Pros from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which BASE by Pros may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: BASE by Pros reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond BASE by Pros’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, BASE by Pros may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by BASE by Pros. BASE by Pros reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. BASE by Pros has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, BASE by Pros reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless BASE by Pros and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States AND Washington, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is BASE by Pros.
14. Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by BASE by Pros is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
15. By participating in the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules & Regulations.