Brent grew up in Everett, Washington where he went to Jackson High School in Mill Creek. After graduating high school he played baseball for the Washington Huskies for three seasons, where he was named to the All-Pac 10 Conference for three straight seasons.
He was selected by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the fourth round, with the 121st overall selection in the 2005 MLB Draft. Over his 9 year professional career he played parts of 7 years in Major League Baseball for the Atlanta Braves, Chicago White Sox. Boston Red Sox, Cleveland Indians, Chicago Cubs and New York Yankees.
He now takes his knowledge playing with the world’s best baseball players into the next phase of his life, teaching and mentoring kids through baseball to maximize their abilities on the field, but more importantly, preparing them for life during and after their careers.
In 1990, Jody’s baseball career fell on dark times as he ultimately committed to Western Washington University where he was blind-sided with the realization that no baseball program existed. A club team was offered and Jody joined, however, a freak accident threatened to end Jody’s baseball career forever! A teammate’s foul ball smashed the back window of his ’86 Dodge Charger, leaving him crushed…mentally. Seemingly with the world working against him, he made the decision to step away from the game and pursue some of the other temptations that college life had to offer – a decision that proved…well…actually, not too bad. Jody had a blast in college! He majored in Communications (Broadcast Production) and produced and directed numerous sports programs, including Viking Hoops Weekly and Viking Football Weekly. He closed out his college career with an internship with KING 5 TV’s Almost Live!. He was, however, continually haunted by the demons of what could’ve been with his college baseball career.
Following graduation, a light would shine on his baseball career once more. For the next 15 years, he experienced a resurgence playing in such highly esteemed baseball organizations as the PSSBL, The Seattle NABA, and the City of Redmond Wood Bat League – not to mention various softball leagues along the way.
Shortly after college, Jody crossed paths with a world-class softball pitcher, named Courtney. It was kismet (whatever that means). For years they took the co-ed softball field together in perfect harmony and ultimately settled down together in Mill Creek, WA where they welcomed a couple little dudes into this world. Today they are the stereotypical, annoying sports parents – her in the stands with her cowbell and him on the sidelines, over-inflating stories from his past and relying on outdated philosophies to coach today’s youth. They have fun though, and that’s what matters.
In 2006, Jody brought his marketing skills to the table and opened Elle Marie Hair Studio with his hairstylist sister and their mother. Over the next decade, the salon grew to four locations and is proud to be a multi-year Best of Western Washington winner. Jody doesn’t have a lot of hair however, and longed to put his talents to work on something he was a little more passionate about. In the summer of 2017, he crossed paths with Brent Lillibridge as he was knee-deep opening the BASE by Pros Academy. Jody shared his passion for marketing, digital media production and baseball and a new endeavor was born.
As a proud card-carrying member of the Dad Coach Society, Jody has spent time with the following organizations during his boys’ youth:
- • FOOTBALL 2012-14: Silverlake Timberwolves, Coach
- • FOOTBALL 2015-16, 18: North Creek Jaguars, Coach
- • FOOTBALL 2017: Everett Wildcats, Coach
- • FOOTBALL 2017: Heatherwood MS Hawks, Coach
- • FOOTBALL 2019-Present: Jackson HS Timberwolves, Rabid Fan
- • BASKETBALL 2017-Present: Jackson Wolfpack, Rabid Fan
- • BASKETBALL 2019: Junior Wildcats, Rabid Fan
- • BASEBALL 2012-Present: Mill Creek Little League, Coach & Board Member
- • BASEBALL 2018: Seattle Bombers, Rabid Fan
- • BASEBALL 2019-Present: Mill Creek Mavericks, Coach & Rabid Fan
- • BASEBALL 2020-Present: Northwest Bandits, Rabid Fan
After winning a National Championship, Kyle decided to embark on his coaching journey. He has been the Associate Head Coach at Everett CC for the last two seasons. Kyle is also the Head Coach of the Bend Elks, a member of the West Coast League during the summer.
Kyle has been an instructor at BASE by Pros since 2019. He has continued to develop, grow, serve and learn as an instructor/mentor. His mission is to help hitters develop a better understanding of the process required to dominate at the plate. While promoting a championship mindset, he helps his students become not just great baseball players, but great human beings.
After college Ben took his career overseas to play for the Solingen Alligators of the German Bundesliga. For two years he was the third baseman for the Alligators and an assistant youth coach. During the winters, he played and coached in Australia. He also played for the Great Britain National Team this past September in the 2019 European Championship. He plans to continue his career in the US in 2020 but is excited about helping players improve all aspects of their game in the offseason.
- Head Varsity Baseball Coach for Archbishop Murphy High School
- Pitching Coach for the Bend Elks in the West Coast League
Everett Community College Pitching Coach 2017-2020
- 2019 NWAC Championship Runner-Up
- 2019 25th ranked Junior College by Perfect Game
Seattle Tacoma Cheney Studs
- 2019 National Baseball Congress World Series Champions.
- 2019 National Baseball Congress World Series All American Team.
- 2018 2nd Team All-Pacific International League.
- 2017, 2018, and 2019 Top 5 in the Pacific International League in Wins, ERA, and Strikeouts.
- 2017 Kamloops (British Columbia, Canada) International Tournament Champions.
- 2017 Grand Forks (British Columbia, Canada) International Tournament Champions.
- 2017, 2018, and 2019 Pacific International League Champions.
- 2016 and 2017 Big South Presidential Honor Roll member.
- Compiled a 7-4 win-loss record over two years.
- Recorded wins over Duke, Bryant, Elon, UConn, Radford, and William & Mary.
- Career 38 Appearances with 8 starts
- Named to 2015 Northwest Athletic Conference All-Academic team.
- 2015 Most Valuable Pitcher for Bellevue College.
- Threw seven-inning no-hitter, the first at Bellevue in over 25 years.
- 2012 WIAA 2A State Champions
- 2013 2nd Team All State
- 2013 1st Team All Conference Pitcher
- 2012 1st Team All Conference Utility